when is the time to give onderhuid infuusie to the CKD cat

Forum voor alle vragen m.b.t. nierziekten (nierfalen/nierinsufficientie)
Plaats reactie
softvoice2007
Huiskat
Huiskat

when is the time to give onderhuid infuusie to the CKD cat

Bericht door softvoice2007 »

me and my cat weiwei

Afbeelding

Sorry that I am not satisfided with the local DA in our town, but since my cat was born , we only sent her to the DA here, 2 months ago, weiwei's BUN was 21, CREA was 370, she also has Hyperthyroidism, we were giving 7.5mg methimazole for already 10 months, and just 2 months ago, her T4 was dropped to only 9(stanard range is 19-62), and moreover her WBC was also dropped a lot out of the regular range-- number was 4.3.

since then DA asked me to give less dosage methimazole to her,last week I brought her to DA again to have a blood check, addtionally i asked for a x ray medical check if she has cardiac hypertrophy or Pulmonary edema--Pleuravocht, BTW, my local DA always think that I am too overdreven, worried too much about my cat, in Feb, I asked them to have an ultrasound medical check for Weiwei as well.

current figures for WW is, BUN:13.5, CREA:300 , T4:51, however WBC is still remain 4.3--out of the standard--(5.0-11.0), DA didnt mention too much about her xray check result and didnt explain why her WBC is so low,

and I asked them whether I should give my cat Subcutane injectie, they think its still too early--no need:-(( However i am think about to giving her onderhuid infuusie by myself at home, however i dont have much knowledge about it, when do you think its good timing to give sub Q injection to your CKD cat? where can i get cheap Nacl 0.9%, how long can I still use it once I open the bottle/bag?and regarding the neeldes's size, which size should i shart with? and how about Winged infusion neeldes? is it better than normal neeldes?

right now i am very worrying about her super low WBC figure, how can i increase its number? in Feb her WBC was still ok, was 10.8, by the way, she has no vomit and still quite active except not willing to eat her foods and a bit constipation(not a big issue now since i feed her some veggies regularly)

thank you all for sharing your knowledges in advance.
ErikPhilippus
Tijger
Tijger

Re: when is the time to give onderhuid infuusie to the CKD cat

Bericht door ErikPhilippus »

my local DA always think that I am too overdreven, worried too much about my cat,
You know, my feeling is that your DA is right - maybe I'm very harsh, but have you ever heard of the Münchhausen-by-proxy syndrome....?
Emmajoja
Poema
Poema

Re: when is the time to give onderhuid infuusie to the CKD cat

Bericht door Emmajoja »

If you want to put your cat on a drip yourself.. You should probably be taught by a veterinarian.. Not try to do it without any experience or examples in real life at all. That seems like a bad idea.

I understand you're worried. But you cannot just try to do that without at least some instructions from a vet.

Also, if you can, maybe try to get the medication from a vet and not online somewhere cheap.. If that was what you were implying.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Plaats reactie