recall AVA en Applaws kattenvoer wegens mogelijk serieuze aandoening

Dagelijkse hoeveelheid, merken kattenvoer, versvoedingen, dieetvoer, etc.
Plaats reactie
yana
Panter
Panter

recall AVA en Applaws kattenvoer wegens mogelijk serieuze aandoening

Bericht door yana »

Misschien alleen voor buitenland van toepassing, toch post ik hem ff:
https://www.food.gov.uk/news-alerts/ale ... MUOwcPhFxk

Advies:
International Cat Care has been closely monitoring a recent sharp increase in the number of cases of a rare condition in cats in the UK. Pancytopenia is a rare condition where the cat’s levels of red and white blood cells and platelets severely drop causing serious illness.

Usually, only a handful of these cases are seen in the UK, but in the last few months many more cases have been reported, some being fatal. The cause of this increase is still unknown, but a possible link to diet is being investigated and today a recall of certain foods has been put in place. This relates to diets for the brands AVA (Pets at Home), Applaws and by Sainsbury’s Hypoallergenic.

If you have been feeding your cat any of the foods being recalled, please follow the advice to stop using it immediately and contact the company for further assistance.

Cats with this condition can become very unwell very quickly with a range of symptoms, if you have any concerns about your cat’s health, please contact your veterinary clinic straight away.

The RVC have issued the following useful advice for cat owners:

My cat has been eating a recalled food brand, what shall I do?
Do not feed your cat any more of this food. Please contact the product manufacturers for brand specific questions.

You could discuss with your vet whether you would like a blood test performed looking at the levels of red and white blood cells and platelets in your cat’s blood as decreases in these levels are seen if your cat is affected with pancytopenia.
My cat is ill and I think it might have this problem, what should I do?
Please contact your vet so they can examine your cat and discuss further investigation as necessary. You may also want to contact the product manufacturers for brand specific questions
Plaats reactie